Applied LifeSciences & Systems is a Start-Up bio-systems company focused on improving animal health and productivity in the poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ALS-S system merges advance imaging systems, computer learning, microfluidics and automation to provide high-throughput system solutions to aforementioned industries.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced executive administrator supporting senior executives, and handling a wide range of administrative, legal and executive tasks. The candidate should be able to work independently on both tactical and longer-term projects. This person must be extremely well organized and flexible. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, sometimes fast paced and under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. This position requires the ability to manage and summarize legal and corporate documents with strong attention to detail and organization. The ideal candidate must possess an expert level of written and verbal communication. Experience in a legal environment and/or a life sciences company is a plus.
- Supporting the professional requirements of the Chief Executive Officer
- Interaction with investors requiring effective communication skills
- Provide all necessary internal support for all Corporate patent and trademark Filings
- Coordinate and correspond with foreign patent associates concerning foreign patent applications, including receiving and paying invoices
- Maintain status charts for the organization relating to patent and trademark portfolios. Communicate and correspond with appropriate personnel concerning new and pending applications.
- Coordinate authorized patentability searches and communicate results with relevant team members.
- Organize, maintain and update files and docket information related to all patent and trademark portfolios.
- Establish a routine for board meetings, arranging and maintaining a log to keep track of all meetings
- Research which involves analyzing and organizing relevant material
- Preparing documents, as well as drafting standard letters for legal correspondence, contracts, agreements, etc.
- Responsible for communication with Board of Directors
- Responsible for supporting Investor Relations and all Shareholder communication
- Maintenance of shared corporate data rooms to store, share, and access company files online
- Preparing for the administrative formalities, making or procuring affidavits, etc.
- Proactively coordinate the calendar for the President & CEO, which is comprised of a heavy meeting schedule and extensive travel
- Prepare presentations, reports, spreadsheets, meeting minutes and other business information when required
- Provide discrete and confidential coordination of sensitive company information
Education, Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience supporting CEO
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
- Minimum of four years of experience in an executive or administrative position
- Experience in a legal environment and/or a life sciences company
- Internet proficiency and knowledge of web-based applications
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply by emailing a copy of their resume to HR@als-s.com. Sorry, but we cannot sponsor Visa’s at this time.