CAD Drafter – SolidWorks
CAD Drafter – SolidWorks
Applied LifeSciences & Systems
Applied LifeSciences & Systems is a start-up bio-systems company focused on improving animal health and productivity in the poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ALS-S system merges advance imaging systems, machine learning, microfluidics and automation to provide high-throughput system solutions to aforementioned industries.
The position of CAD Drafter will be responsible for supporting the engineering team in the creation of 3D Models and 2D Drawings per ASME-Y14.100, using Solidworks, ensuring mechanical fit of all components in a given assembly, assisting design personnel in the layout and content of drawings. As new products are developed, you will be responsible to supporting the building of engineering prototypes as well as recommending improvements to the design and/or build process. Furthermore, you will be working on the creation of bills of materials, ECO/ECNs and other documentation necessary during the design process. You will be required to participate in the definition of the company drafting handbook and follow engineering standard, operating procedures and company safety standards and procedures. The successful candidate will be very detail oriented and be proficient in drawing/detailing parts, assemblies, fixtures, etc. in both 3D and 2D.
Computer skills needed include the Microsoft office suite, including Outlook email, Word and Excel, as well as CAD, Solidworks software.
- Communicates directly with engineers.
- Draws finished designs from sketches and order information provided by Design Engineering.
- Drafts fully detailed multi-view shop drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Coordinate the proper creation of Item type, manufacturability, and bill of material.
- Self-check completed assignments and cross-check co-workers completed assignments.
- Maintain and follow Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Generate bills of materials, wiring diagrams, ECO/ECNs and other documentation associated with new and/or modified products.
- Communicates with engineering, manufacturing and other areas, regarding new and revised prints.
- Recommends solutions to streamline existing designs for improved production time, improved quality and cost reduction.
- Support the construction of prototypes, fixtures, parts, assemblies, etc.
- Support daily work activities, in multiple areas, this may include but not limited to time reporting, test analysis, capturing data, housekeeping (5S), etc.
- 7 or more years of CAD experience in 3D Modeling & 2D Drafting per ASME-Y14.100.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks and different modules, including Composer.
- Associate degree in drafting or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little supervision
- Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and industry accepted engineering drawing practices.
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management processes.
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Team player, who can help the team to think out of the box.
- Flexible and Adaptive; able to explore many ideas simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The general hours shall be Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasionally half day Saturday or Sunday
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally to frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally to frequently required to stand and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: Office, Lab, MFG floor, occasionally trips to visit customers, attend meetings.
Disclaimer: May perform other duties as assigned.
Those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply by emailing a copy of their resume to HR@als-s.com. Sorry, but we cannot sponsor Visa’s at this time.