Computer Vision Data Scientist/Engineer
Computer Vision Data Scientist/Engineer – Machine Vision Systems
Applied LifeSciences & Systems
About Applied LifeSciences & Systems:
We are a Start-Up bio-systems company focused on improving animal health and productivity in the poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ALS-S system merges advance imaging systems, computer learning, microfluidics and automation to provide high-throughput system solutions to aforementioned industries. View our Company Page at www.als-s.com to learn more about us! This position is located in Raleigh, NC – relocation is not offered for applicants located elsewhere.
Summary of Role & Opportunity:
The Imaging Data Scientist/ Engineer – Machine Vision Systems role is a key technical position in a fast-paced, challenging, and positive work environment. Your primary responsibility will be developing advanced vision algorithms, utilizing classical and novel image processing and analysis techniques. Applicants should be well versed in machine learning and/or neural network approaches, which will enable the business to meet project demands and obstacles.
This role will collaborate with the engineering staff to provide assistance and input on all aspects of our vision system development, including, but not limited to, aiding in the design, component selection, imaging software development, testing, assembly and installation. The ability to think outside the box and innovate while keeping up to date with current software development, digital imaging, machine learning and big data trends will serve you well.
Job level and pay commensurate with applicant’s experience.
Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Machine vision algorithm development & programming
- Familiarity with industrial machine vision hardware (cameras, lenses, lighting, etc) and PC/Windows based systems
- Proficiency in software development and familiarity with multiple languages or willingness to expand knowledge base
- Familiarity with different imaging data acquisition methods and technologies
- Hands-on software development, testing and troubleshooting skills
- Team Collaboration within and outside your specific discipline
- Project communications, documentation & project time reporting
- Use of code repositories for software version control
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- M.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics (or a related field) with 4+ years of experience in the following areas (or comparable areas):
- Image processing and algorithm development including 3D object detection and analysis
- Expertise in digital imaging using advanced statistics and classical machine vision techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience solving real world problems using machine learning and/or neural networks (AI) relating to digital imaging
- Familiarity with image system code development and experience with integration of hardware and software systems both in R&D and production systems
- Experience programming in C#/C++/Python with OpenCV or other computer vision libraries
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases and incorporating and executing queries/transactions in code
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on fast-track projects
- Self-directed and forward thinking
- Robust interpersonal, listening, questioning & communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally
- Exhibits professional, ethical and socially responsible manner
- Flexibility to perform various roles and responsibilities from day to day, ex. programming, design, system testing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Effectively prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are met for multiple projects simultaneously with varying scope
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance/ADD
- 401K plan (no employer match at this time)
Only those authorized to work in the United States and live in the Raleigh-Durham area are encouraged to apply. We cannot sponsor Visa’s or provide relocation at this time.