Principal Microfluidics Engineer
Applied LifeSciences & Systems is a Start-Up bio-systems company focused on improving animal health and productivity in the poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ALS-S system merges advance imaging systems, computer learning, microfluidics and automation to provide high-throughput system solutions to aforementioned industries.
The Principal Microfluidics Engineer holds a key position in the design and advancement of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives for bio-devices for the global poultry industry. This vacancy is to be filled with a highly creative, seasoned, Hands-On Engineer, who will lead/participate in NPD programs for new applied bio-mechanical technology and devices from conceptualization to development and commercialization, including, idea generation, research, evaluation, product design, feasibility analysis, value assessment, product introduction, field application and commercialization. This position currently reports to the Director, Engineering Development and leads development initiatives internally through a matrix organization in addition to managing external consulting and design firms, to accelerate NPD initiatives.
- Provide in depth and hands on technical expertise to aggressively progress the company’s portfolio
- Participate and contribute to experiment and experimental result evaluation
- Optimize, improve, transfer and integrate Microfluidic systems
- Identify the source and validate the materials from external vendors and service providers for product development
- Write study plan, protocol and related procedure for product development & transfer; and communicate with vendors for the project needs on equipment and supplies.
- Prepare production samples and evaluate product design and integrity
- Working closely with chemists and engineers, he or she will be responsible for the implementation and further development of the technology with the ultimate goal of delivering biologicals to animals via spray methods
- Be able to conduct multidisciplinary communication with R&D team
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters in Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ industrial experience in medical or diagnostic device/equipment design & development
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and utilizing microfluidic systems for medical or diagnostics systems.
- Experience with micro pump design for medical devices is highly preferred.
- Industrial experience on product development on microfluidic based bio-processes (Plus)
- Develop, execute, and trouble-shoot microfluidic systems
- Experience spray nozzle is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design of experiments & able to analyze data statistically.
- Knowledge of chemistry surface modification and related areas (Plus)
- Knowledge of microfluidic based spray nozzle design, algorithm and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of material science, immunology, microbiology and other related field (Plus)
Those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply by emailing a copy of their resume to HR@als-s.com. Sorry, but we cannot sponsor Visa’s at this time.